An introduction to my newly bought Integra GS-R - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Integra Forum related to the Acura Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-01-06, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Clem Life

Send a message via AIM to Clem Kevin
An introduction to my newly bought Integra GS-R

So yesterday i got my first Integra. Back before July i was driving a 94 civic dx that had nothing done, and i loved having a honda so much i was going to get an SI after i got back this winter (i was backpacking europe for a few months). When i realized my dad was halfway out of his mind trying to sell his company, i knew it was time to strike, and pulled a fast one and was able to get him to dish out for this car. Yes, this is a graduation present, only a few months late. So i bring the car home yesterday, lift the hood, and low and behold, there is a cold air intake, my brother says the headers arent original, and it has that bar going across (i believe its called a strut bar?). I wasn't looking for a car with mods but i guess im ok with these, its not outrageous and the engine hasnt been modified itself. How much horsepower with these mods will i be putting out now? Someone told me i should get an exhaust but i dont want anymore noise, its good enough where it is.

This was the preview image from the previous owner on autotrader, this drew me in greatly.

In my driveway a few minutes ago

Under the hood, if you spot any mods please give me a heads up, id like to knwo what i have, as im not very educated in this area, id like to learn some things about my car.

The intake, this was a nice surprise to find.

According to my brother this is aftermarket.

So i bought the car for 9600, it has 88,000 miles on it, its a 2000 model. The thing is in perfect condition, it just needs the timing belt to be changed soon. Do you think i payed too much? Is it true the aftermarket products reduce the pricetag of the car? Is there anything that should be fixed for the safety of the car for any reason? If you want i can get names of the products since the car is just outside my house. Id really like to just know everything about this car top to bottom, and im fucking in love with it.

Also, theres a couple things i had some questions about. When i shift into third gear it seems i have to push the clutch in a little bit further or the gear will not catch and make that terrible, terrible noise. I dont think its a problem, but im wondering if its normal to need to push the clutch in a little extra for third gear?

Also, the coilover springs in the car seems to creak and sound like stretching leather almost when i listen closely, im almost sure this isnt a problem, but should i grease them up or what?

Last edited by Clem Kevin; 02-01-06 at 07:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 02-01-06, 07:41 PM

Send a message via MSN to Wariq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem Kevin
So yesterday i got my first Integra. Back before July i was driving a 94 civic dx that had nothing done, and i loved having a honda so much i was going to get an SI after i got back this winter (i was backpacking europe for a few months). When i realized my dad was halfway out of his mind trying to sell his company, i knew it was time to strike, and pulled a fast one and was able to get him to dish out for this car. Yes, this is a graduation present, only a few months late. So i bring the car home yesterday, lift the hood, and low and behold, there is a cold air intake, my brother says the headers arent original, and it has that bar going across (i believe its called a strut bar?). I wasn't looking for a car with mods but i guess im ok with these, its not outrageous and the engine hasnt been modified itself. How much horsepower with these mods will i be putting out now? Someone told me i should get an exhaust but i dont want anymore noise, its good enough where it is.

This was the preview image from the previous owner on autotrader, this drew me in greatly.

In my driveway a few minutes ago

Under the hood, if you spot any mods please give me a heads up, id like to knwo what i have, as im not very educated in this area, id like to learn some things about my car.

The intake, this was a nice surprise to find.

According to my brother this is aftermarket.

So i bought the car for 9600, it has 88,000 miles on it, its a 2000 model. The thing is in perfect condition, it just needs the timing belt to be changed soon. Do you think i payed too much? Is it true the aftermarket products reduce the pricetag of the car? Is there anything that should be fixed for the safety of the car for any reason? If you want i can get names of the products since the car is just outside my house. Id really like to just know everything about this car top to bottom, and im fucking in love with it.

Also, theres a couple things i had some questions about. When i shift into third gear it seems i have to push the clutch in a little bit further or the gear will not catch and make that terrible, terrible noise. I dont think its a problem, but im wondering if its normal to need to push the clutch in a little extra for third gear?

Also, the coilover springs in the car seems to creak and sound like stretching leather almost when i listen closely, im almost sure this isnt a problem, but should i grease them up or what?

very nice. although 9600 is alot.. well to me. u coulda forked over 3 more and u coulda gotten a type-r. but none the less very clean

Idiots will be idiots
post #3 of 29 Old 02-01-06, 07:48 PM

Beautiful looking car you got there. Price seems high for a private party, unless you got it from a dealer. KBB estimates it at only $8500. The intake and header are aftermarket. Mods generally don't add value to the car.

AEM Short Ram Intake
GReddy 4-2-1 SS Header
GReddy SP2 Exhaust
Grounding Wire kit
Pioneer DEH-7600MP
Kicker KS6.2 Components (front)
Kicker KS60 Coaxials (rear)

post #4 of 29 Old 02-01-06, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Clem Life

yeah my dad said he wouldnt spend more than 9000, so i was able to pull that off and that was a big deal and im totally happy about it
post #5 of 29 Old 02-01-06, 07:49 PM

That strut bar is standard on all GSRs

integra GSR 97 cypress green
Infiniti G35 2003 Grey
Nissan 240 sx 1996 green

AEM cold air intake MSD 8.5mm spark plug wires
JDM spoiler custom 6061 Aluminum shiftknob BY ME
custom 6061 Aluminum brake handle BY Me
ALPINE CDM 9821 head unit black calipers
sub box for 1 12" JBL 12'' sub
Alpine MRD 501 Amp
98-01 front bumper and headlights
Future: Headers comptech

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...enationGSR.jpg
240sx(green machine)

T25 (SR donor) HKS SSQV BOV 3" downpipe
3" no name exhasut Cat delete SR 270CC injectors
HKS Dual stage TT FMIC greddy emanage ULTIMATE
post #6 of 29 Old 02-01-06, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Clem Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenationGSR
That strut bar is standard on all GSRs
ok, my brother said it wasnt, but what does he know, he only had an LS a few years ago, never a GSR

he nearly shit himself when he saw it because he had to sell his integra because our stupid brother got in an accident with it (took a corner too fast in the rain and slid into the curb), busted the transmission line and axles, and sold a 10,000$ car (at the time) for 3,500$, bummmmmmmer
post #7 of 29 Old 02-01-06, 07:51 PM

ohh yeah thats normal clutch wear but at the 88000 is to soon wouldnt be surprised if the owner drove it hard but i know what you mean when it feels the gear isnt going to catch that happens to mine but i got a 97GSR with 115000 miles

Infiniti G35 2003 Grey
Nissan 240 sx 1996 green

Alpine MRD 501 Amp

240sx(green machine)

post #8 of 29 Old 02-01-06, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem Kevin
ok, my brother said it wasnt, but what does he know, he only had an LS a few years ago, never a GSR

he nearly shit himself when he saw it because he had to sell his integra because our stupid brother got in an accident with it (took a corner too fast in the rain and slid into the curb), busted the transmission line and axles, and sold a 10,000$ car (at the time) for 3,500$, bummmmmmmer
haha thats what happened to me but it was in a 94 BMW318 and it was super bowl sunday the worst day of my life well thats highschool for u

Infiniti G35 2003 Grey
Nissan 240 sx 1996 green

Alpine MRD 501 Amp

240sx(green machine)

post #9 of 29 Old 02-01-06, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Clem Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenationGSR
haha thats what happened to me but it was in a 94 BMW318 and it was super bowl sunday the worst day of my life well thats highschool for u
the best part is, the next year he did it in my dads jeep, the SAME thing with the SAME results

this brother is a piece of shit
post #10 of 29 Old 02-01-06, 07:57 PM

damn i only got one shot man then my dad never let me near another one of his cars well until now cause i need his G35 to go to school damn i hope nobody hits me

Infiniti G35 2003 Grey
Nissan 240 sx 1996 green

Alpine MRD 501 Amp

240sx(green machine)

post #11 of 29 Old 02-01-06, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Clem Life

haha the only accidents ive had were..

A. in a jeep, the toe hitch pierced someones bumper, didnt want insurance to come in so i dished 600$ for a new honda bumper
B. In the jeep again, backed into a cement boot of a street light, just bent the bumper (those jeeps are built like monsters)
C. My honda, a tree in my driveway, dented fender
D. My dads LS400, BRAND NEW bmw 3 series parked too close to the edge of my driveway, 200$ touchup job

Nothing serious, i havent had anything go onto my insurance record so im pretty safe still

if i get 2 tickets with this car in the next 18 months ill sell it, so hopefully i get none
post #12 of 29 Old 02-01-06, 08:04 PM

haha well i got 4 and thats over a span of 4 years so just watch out for the cops and dont let those guys in the neons try to intise you youll beat there asses anyways unless they got an srt-4

Infiniti G35 2003 Grey
Nissan 240 sx 1996 green

Alpine MRD 501 Amp

240sx(green machine)

post #13 of 29 Old 02-01-06, 08:30 PM
Logan

Send a message via AIM to Integraguy1995
Your coilovers or aftermarket springs are gonna cuse the car to creak, regardless. It's just the nature of the stiffer springs, all the imperfections in the road get transfered straight to chassis. $9600 is a little high, but it seems to be in great shape and the mods are tasteful. I don't care what anyone says, if a car has tasteful mods that make the car look better and perform better, you sell it to the right person and it's going to add value to the car.

1995 Acura Integra: Daily driver, Auto-X
1987 FJ60: Carb, header, lots more to come IH8Mud
post #14 of 29 Old 02-01-06, 08:31 PM
AW Detailing Wanker

Garage
Send a message via AIM to S2K2K4 Send a message via Yahoo to S2K2K4 Send a message via Skype™ to S2K2K4
Yeah an upgraded suspension will cause the car to creak more. I just switched to my Tein's and it creaks a whole lot more.
post #15 of 29 Old 02-01-06, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Clem Life

other than the miles (which arent THAT high) the car is in PERFECT condition, it is absolutely gorgeous inside
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Coupe / Hatchback > Integra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in