video of me at the track last weekend - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Integra Forum related to the Acura Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-08, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

video of me at the track last weekend

Met up with about 10 ITR's, couple civics, and s2000's off honda-tech at buttonwillow for a track day. It was a good time, made some good new friends, gained a lot more confidence on the track with better brake pads this time.

heres the video...

YouTube - Buttonwillow 4-12-08 Integra GSR

and heres a couple pictures of my car...

Bottom left

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-20-08, 11:50 PM
Ska
Like a Boss

Send a message via AIM to Ska
Excellent man, looks like fun.

What kind of brake pads you running these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewsintegra
theres no such thing as vtec fluid noob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TireMeltingRSX View Post
Hell yeah, called Predators. And who directs it is a moot point, putting a predator in any movie automatically makes it awesome. Imagine how good The Notebook or Dirty Dancing could have been if there was a predator in them.
post #3 of 16 Old 04-21-08, 12:05 AM

looks fun!!

Thanks tegger!

I like my cars like I like my women, small and maneuverable.

Don't bring show to a go fight.

Type-R Swap (Legal!!!!)
Type-R Tranny
Moroso 5qt Oil Pan
K&N Filter
Exedy Street Disc & ACT HD pressure plate
SR Motorsports 9.5lb Flywheel
Skunk 2 Front Upper Control Arms
Tien Flex Coil-Overs
Carbing Type 2 Front Strut Tower Brace
Password JDM 4pt Rear Strut Tower Brace
ASR 32mm Hollow Rear Sway Bar
ASR Lower Tie Brace
G-Stop stainless brake lines
Hawk Pads
15" Gunmetal Rota Torques
16" Gold Rota Boosts with Falken 615's for Autox
Buddy Club short shifter
USDM ITR Front and Rear Seats
ITR Lip and Side Skirts

post #4 of 16 Old 04-21-08, 12:18 AM

nice acceleration through the turns....
post #5 of 16 Old 04-21-08, 04:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska View Post
Excellent man, looks like fun.

What kind of brake pads you running these days?
i put some hawk hp+ on for this, ive never had anything but stock and im seriously loving the new brake pads.

i drove my friends scion home from a concert tonight for 40 minutes and i totally thought his brakes were dead after trying to drive his car, then i realized not everyone has brakes like me

i still need to muster up more confidence for late braking though, its been my biggest hill to get over
post #6 of 16 Old 04-21-08, 01:58 PM
Old Parts Slinger

Garage
Send a message via AIM to C25A1guy
Let me see if there's anything I can advise from my multiple time attack sessions at Buttonwillow.

What looks like that left hand comming out of Bus Stop, you can gain some time by lifting to about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and then hopping on the curb. As soon as you hit the curb, go ahead and put your foot down and you should acclerate nicely and follow the car out.

Good job on the Riverside sweeper. It is definetly an aero corner as far as traction goes. Staying mid-track and nice and stable.

Before Lost Hill, use the full width of the track. You paid for the track, why only use half of it?

Lost Hill again. Don't be too afraid of "The Hill". Straight line braking good. You probably could start your braking zone a little earlier, coast in, ride the curb when you hit the apex and floor it out a bit sooner.

After lost hill on the back straight: Again, use the full width of the track. You paid for it.

Mazda Star Corner: Good line, good apex hit. Go ahead and use more throttle

Esses: At the speeds your going and what looks like a more fairly soft suspension setup, you can more of less blow more straight through it. Lesser turning equals more straight line accleration.

2nd from last corner in Esses: Watch our for this bump. At higher speeds, it's one that will unsettle your car in a quick way.

Sunrise: Good braking and good apex. Again, use the full width of the track to maintain momentium. This is a turn that you want to keep your cornering speeds as high as possible as it puts you on the longest straight.

-Dean
post #7 of 16 Old 04-21-08, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the advice

that was my second time at the track and i was feeling much better, had better tires this time.

I got pretty upset being in the beginner group finding myself not going anywhere the first two sessions of the day, and decided i would go up front of the grid each run after that. Turns out i was coming up on the rear every session with no one passing me, i dont know what that means, but i think if theres 2 levels of intermediate groups next time i go ill join the lower level, if not, i dont want to be stuck with all the heavy hitter intermediate dudes
post #8 of 16 Old 04-21-08, 03:47 PM
Old Parts Slinger

Garage
I usually run advanced group now (open passing) even though I'm one of the slower cars running (HP disadvantage), it really has gotten my driving level up. Also, don't be afraid to ask an instructor to take a ride with you to see areas you can improve on.

-Dean
post #9 of 16 Old 04-21-08, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

i had my friend tony with me in another video, but my exhaust was so loud i really couldnt get half the stuff he was saying. Im going to be putting a bigger resonator on before the next time i go. he was an instructor with speedventures and speedtrials for a while before

Im more than willing to have more instructors in my car to tell me what im doing wrong so that i can do it right, i have no quelms about direction on things because im new to it

i try to watch the video of myself driving, and compare it to others and compare the lines im taking to theirs, and think about how i can correct them in the future
post #10 of 16 Old 04-22-08, 01:05 AM
Ska
Like a Boss

Send a message via AIM to Ska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem Kevin View Post
i put some hawk hp+ on for this, ive never had anything but stock and im seriously loving the new brake pads.

i drove my friends scion home from a concert tonight for 40 minutes and i totally thought his brakes were dead after trying to drive his car, then i realized not everyone has brakes like me

i still need to muster up more confidence for late braking though, its been my biggest hill to get over
Nice, I think I'm gonna have to do my pads sometime soon and I was thinking either Hawks or EBC's like I put on my Talon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewsintegra
theres no such thing as vtec fluid noob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TireMeltingRSX View Post
Hell yeah, called Predators. And who directs it is a moot point, putting a predator in any movie automatically makes it awesome. Imagine how good The Notebook or Dirty Dancing could have been if there was a predator in them.
post #11 of 16 Old 04-22-08, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

ive read from a lot of perspectives that the hp+ is WAY better than the EBC's, and if im not using the hawks for my application, to use cobalt GT's, whos newer street/track pad is almost too aggresive for street
post #12 of 16 Old 04-22-08, 02:20 AM
Representing the Imports!

My Mood: Amused
Send a message via AIM to RavynX Send a message via Yahoo to RavynX
Excellent run, I'm hoping I can do something like that some day either in the teg or my future S2K.
post #13 of 16 Old 04-22-08, 12:57 PM
Old Parts Slinger

Garage
Pads like the HP+ and Axxis ULT pads are good pads for the occasional track day and street use. Only thing to beware of is overheating your brakes. For me, since I'm fairly heavy on my brakes (I'll go through a set of front pads each track day), I run Ferodo DS3000 pads. I might switch soon to hawks or cobalts due to contingency and price.

-Dean
post #14 of 16 Old 04-24-08, 10:35 PM
AW Detailing Wanker

Garage
Send a message via AIM to S2K2K4 Send a message via Yahoo to S2K2K4 Send a message via Skype™ to S2K2K4
You have absolutly no idea how jealous I am of you right now. That looks like a blast. I'll have to take my car to Putnam Park sometime this summer. Its only a couple miles away!

Our Father, who art in Autos, hollowed be thy frame. Thy Horsepower come, Thy torque be fun, in Imports as in Domestics. Give us this day our daily fuel, and forgive us our hooning, as we forgive those who hoon against us, and lead us not into chrome accents, but deliver us from rice. For thine is the Cam, and the Piston, and the Rod, for ever and ever. Or until they break.. Amen.
post #15 of 16 Old 04-25-08, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

yeah, buttonwillow is a solid 3 hours from where im at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Coupe / Hatchback > Integra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in