2017 MDX Tech. Navigation Problem - Page 3 - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
MDX Forum related to the Acura MDX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-07-18, 03:48 PM

I am currently writing to John Ikeda, 1919 Torrance Blvd Torrance, Calif. 90501-2746 President of Acura. I have had the problem for 2 years, and they have tried all the fixes available. I am now asking for a settlement. The GPS cost is between $2,000 and $4,000. I love the car, my dealership is great, but their quality control and lack of willingness to stand behind their product is disturbing. I am not satisfied with the settlement and will probably return the car at the end of the lease and go to Audi for a replacement
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 09-07-18, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus gal View Post
I've had my 2017 MDX 4 months and having same nav problems.
The service manager is driving it around now.
I do not think there will be a resolution and I am pissed.
I am currently writing to John Ikeda, 1919 Torrance Blvd Torrance, Calif. 90501-2746 President of Acura. I have had the problem for 2 years, and they have tried all the fixes available. I am now asking for a settlement. The GPS cost is between $2,000 and $4,000. I love the car, my dealership is great, but their quality control and lack of willingness to stand behind their product is disturbing. I am not satisfied with the settlement and will probably return the car at the end of the lease and go to Audi for a replacement
post #33 of 35 Old 03-04-19, 07:04 AM

i have too

post #34 of 35 Old 09-25-19, 07:11 PM
Awaiting Confirmation

Continued 17 MDX Navi issue

All of you indicating your MDX Navi getting lost ....... Anybody finally got it resolved, or are you still having issues?
I just came back from my Acura dealer for the 3rd time getting software updates and “resets” to fix my lost Navi issue ...... but to no avail.
I’ve opened a case with Acura Client Relation and was told to keep working with my dealer to fix the issue. Latest is they are going to install a new GPS receiver unit. I have virtually no confidence this will fix it, but have to give it a try before going farther with Acura. Any updates out there?
post #35 of 35 Old 10-20-19, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
All of you indicating your MDX Navi getting lost ....... Anybody finally got it resolved, or are you still having issues?
I just came back from my Acura dealer for the 3rd time getting software updates and “resets” to fix my lost Navi issue ...... but to no avail.
I’ve opened a case with Acura Client Relation and was told to keep working with my dealer to fix the issue. Latest is they are going to install a new GPS receiver unit. I have virtually no confidence this will fix it, but have to give it a try before going farther with Acura. Any updates out there?
I wouldn’t let them replace the Nav unit unless they have exhausted everything else. I went through it all and had the nav updated then replaced and then updated again. It is a software error on their end nothing wrong with the cars. If I had known I wouldn’t have let them do it. I ended up with scratches on the dash and damaged clips for the center console. After a month long back and forth with Acura client relations Canada what we found is: If you turn off the satellite data connections in the nav and enter the diagnostic screen and recalibrate the current position, the nav keeps it. As soon as you reconnect the data services for routes and traffic, the calibration is somehow lost during the data provisioning process. The data services are provided by Sirius for Acura (at least in Canada). And I don’t have the Xm radio service, so I can’t speak to Sirius directly and have to go through Acura link for all tech support. I am in the process of of getting a refund for my Acura link premium and connect service because of this issue and also because the last update the dealer did killed my premium service (server routes) completely. My ultimate solution was to bite the bullet and get a Navtool 5 car play unit which was $$ and a pain to install. It was a pain because my mdx has a rear dvd unit which had to be removed to get access to the radio. Navtool’s example video doesn’t show this because it was using a base model for the demonstration. I am happy with car play and Waze on the info screen and not needing a phone mount etc. I hope this helps someone before they end up with all the scratches and frustrations I had.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury SUV > MDX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in