Trailing arm? - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
1st Gen Legend Model year 1986-1990 Acura Legend.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Trailing arm?

Greetings, I have a question if anyone knows exactly what this part is that I included with the attachments. Recently I pulled out of my parking lot and almost immediately I heard a grinding noise from the passenger side rear. I jumped out and my wheel looked like it was caved inward towards the strut and sitting low to the groung. I got under there and seen that it was some type of suspension connection that had broke. with some help I got the part off and took it to auto zone and they claim that it was a "trailing arm". However everywhere that I called around to referred to this part as a "control Arm" and then other places said that the control arm and trailing arm are 2 different parts. Can anyone verify what this is because its making the search for the replacement that much harder if Im not asking for the right thing. By the way this part is almost impossible to find because no one stocks them I guess because the car is over 20 years old. Any help would be appreciated. Please see the attachments. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 23477948652_ORIG.jpg (143.5 KB, 419 views)
File Type: jpg Acura_ORIG.jpg (118.7 KB, 227 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-13-10, 09:30 AM
TopGear Fanatic

What you're holding in the picture is a rear lower control arm, which as you know is mounted sideways on the car. The trailing arm is a bit larger, flat on one end, and is mounted lengthwise instead . . . so that's the difference.

Link here shows the diagram, the part you want is 12/14 (click on the number to order).

For your control arm, you can get one for about $60 plus shipping at acuraoemparts.com, or rockauto.com or if you search eBay you may find one for less than that (new, of course). If you find yourself in a bind, you could always grab a used one from a parts yard, but that is not really recommended for long-term.

Best of luck!

post #3 of 3 Old 03-04-19, 11:05 AM

Where did you end up buying a replacement cause I have the same problem as you yet I only found the part on 1 website
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > Legend > 1st Gen Legend

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in