91 legend check engine code 12 egr - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
2nd Gen Legend Model year 1991-1995 Acura Legend, Coupe and Sedan.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-16-04, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Acuraworld Junior Member

91 legend check engine code 12 egr

My check engine light comes on with a code 12 when my car is cold and stays on till I turn the engine off; dos not come on if the engine is at operating temperature. I want to troubleshoot the system but I need some info on the egr system first.

If I disconnect the vacuum line to the egr valve and apply vacuum to it when the engine is cold should the engine stall? Should it stall when itís at operating temperature?

If I disconnect the vacuum line from the egr valve and test it should it have vacuum when itís cold? Should it have vacuum when itís operating temperature?

I cleaned and tested the egr valve and it seams to hold vacuum and open and close with vacuum applied. I do notice that when I do apply vacuum the valve the valve opens but my engine does not stutter or stall. I also do notice that there is no vacuum in the line when the engine is cold or operating temperature.

Am I missing something, is there a way to test the exhaust gas circulation in the manifold where the egr valve sits?

If possible can someone email me a picture of the egr valve and the vacuum hoses around it to see if the hoses were connected right.

Thanks for any help
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > Legend > 2nd Gen Legend

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in