Brake Conversion DIY - Page 3 - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
2nd Gen Legend Model year 1991-1995 Acura Legend, Coupe and Sedan.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-16-06, 09:40 PM

Ok, so one question and one question only befor I order this loaded set of Calipers for $179. I have a 91 LS Sedan and I wanna install the Type II calipers and brackets using the stock front rotors. Is this ok and doable without modification still using the stock 15" LS wheels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 Old 02-16-06, 09:53 PM

it should work, i think ben (swift) has the 15" stock rims, that he still uses sometimes...
post #33 of 42 Old 02-17-06, 12:12 AM

here is your worries and i dont understand the mounting brackets entirely...

If you did calipers with the brackets i believe it offsets them differently and may grab the rotors in a different spot or what not.

I just swapped the calipers themselves and kept the type 1 rotors. So therefore i didnt change placement but only the grabbing force.

And yes i use 15's with this mod..but then again even with a full swap or partial(like your suggestion) you should be able to.

latta!

PS_GO EBC pads.....

post #34 of 42 Old 02-17-06, 09:19 PM

Now here is a damn good question! Has anyone ever thought of trying to install thr Type I front calipers on the rear! would the bracket bolt up! The dust shield won't be a problem cause it can be cut back! I just got this thought while trying to jury rig my rear caliper brackets and looking at my old Type I calipers and brackets sitting on the floor. But I'm not messing with it tonight!

Later!
Lenny
post #35 of 42 Old 02-18-06, 02:48 PM

type 1 front calipers on the rear wont work, the rotor is a totally different design. I mean I spose you could do a custom fab, but at the risk of losing ur e-brake. Also the front caliper is mounted in a leading position and the rears are in a trailing position, so I doubt the stock brackets would work.
post #36 of 42 Old 02-19-06, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS92Sedan
type 1 front calipers on the rear wont work, the rotor is a totally different design. I mean I spose you could do a custom fab, but at the risk of losing ur e-brake. Also the front caliper is mounted in a leading position and the rears are in a trailing position, so I doubt the stock brackets would work.
Both my front and my rears are in trailing position! The fronts are just moved a lil upward. And why would I lose the E-Brake?? The calipers dont control the E-brake.
post #37 of 42 Old 02-19-06, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Hot_Legend_L
Both my front and my rears are in trailing position! The fronts are just moved a lil upward. And why would I lose the E-Brake?? The calipers dont control the E-brake.
The biggest problem would be the spacing between the mounting points for the caliper brackets. The mounting points for the front brackets are spaced farther apart than the rears.
post #38 of 42 Old 02-19-06, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenso
The biggest problem would be the spacing between the mounting points for the caliper brackets. The mounting points for the front brackets are spaced farther apart than the rears.
Ok, that answers my question then. I just seem to think that the rear brakes on our cars are way too small!
post #39 of 42 Old 05-18-07, 01:52 AM

would a drilled rotor fits my original calipar ? i want to start slowy, aint got the big doe like some of yah.
post #40 of 42 Old 08-02-07, 11:02 PM

Thumbs up thanks!

thanks for the info! i've also been canvassing for parts for my 1995 legend. anyone know where i can get them cheap?
post #41 of 42 Old 08-28-07, 04:19 PM
Vigorous

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Hot_Legend_L View Post
E-brake cable is attached to the rear calipers. How else do you expect to stop when pulling the e-brake? The e-brake fairy?
post #42 of 42 Old 12-07-09, 04:47 PM

??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > Legend > 2nd Gen Legend

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in