Ferodo DS2500 Brake pad review - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here. Sponsored by Discount Tire!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-26-06, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Old Parts Slinger

Garage
Send a message via AIM to C25A1guy
Ferodo DS2500 Brake pad review

After finally being able to beat the living crap out of these pads at California Speedway's infield road course, I can finally give my review of these pads.

Disclamer: These are not normal "street" pads. They will eat your rotors alive.

These pads are really awesome pads... quite possibly the only pad that I've used that I might want to continue using. On the street, they are a nice pad for use once warm (usually takes about a stop or 2). They produce moderate to high dust, but what do you expect from what is technically a club race pad. I really haven't gotten these things to squeel much at all, so for me, I'd say noise level is fairly low for such an aggressive pad. All in all, on the street, these pads are overkill.

Once on the track and these pads get HOT, its a totally diffrent animal. The high MOT of the pad makes it really desirable for light weight cars in tracks that have long straightaways into very tight turns or flat (as in no banking in the corners) tracks where the course itself is very hard on tires and brakes. These pads stay very liniar throughout its operation tempature range (max at 1050 degrees F) and I just could not get these pads to fade at California speedway. California Speedway's infield has 1 hard braking zone and a couple of moderate braking zones, all of which are flat and requires some trail braking in order to hit your apexes correct ad on spot. The hard braking zone is where these pads showed its true colors lap and lap again. Going from a mid 4th gear straight (approx 105 mph) into a mid 2nd gear turn 1 (approx 45 mph) in about 200-250 ft space, you really can cook your brakes, but never had a hint of fade. If anything, I was starting to cook my Motul RBF600 fluid, by the way was fresh fluid for the event.

All in all, I really like these pads as a dual purpose pad.

What Stoptech says about these pads:
Ferodo DS2500 is a club race pad that can be used on the street and for light track use. This compound produces some noise on the street, but retains good cold friction, and has an MOT of around 1,000 degrees F. It also has 35% less compressibility than competitive products, giving it very good pedal feel and modulation characteristics. DS2500 has an average friction level of approximately (0.50) which remains constant at any speed, and at any temperature up to 1,000° F.

-Dean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in