Acura World banner

2011 MDX base model CarPlay Aftermarket

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Rowaxe 
#1 · (Edited)
I just acquired my first Acura and I was disappointed to see the stock stereo does not support A2DP for music over Bluetooth. I want to replace the single DIN stereo with a Double DIN CarPlay unit if it’s possible. I was hoping to reroute the backup camera off the tiny rear view mirror one and to the stereo as well as using my iPhone for nav and music all in one connection.

Can I fit a double din stereo in the space?
How hard is it to reroute the camera feed?
Any issues I need to know about?

#2 ·
I'm not 100% sure if NavTool would work with the base 11 MDX. It is a plug in interface for Carplay folks have been adding to their MDXs for apple or android smartphones. I think you have the option of wired or bluetooth audio streaming with Navtool; along with smartphone navi, Siri, mirroring, back-up cam, movies, YouTube, etc.. on upper display screen. You have to check out the website for NavTool to see if this might work for the base models. It should just be plug-n-play for the Navtool module that sits behind the center console. I haven't seen an aftermarket single/double stereo install for the MDX that looked good or the install caused issues with console afterwards.

The tech and Adv models of the 10-13 MDX have bluetooth audio streaming standard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.