Acura World banner

Flicker/Dim on one Headlight??

20K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  WTD11 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking for any advise - I have searched all the Posts I could and no one else seems to have had the same issue.

About 2 months ago my passenger side headlight went out, well after reading posts here I swapped the bulbs and bam - "head light burnt" I replaced it. well all of the sudden on Wednesday I realized the drivers side head light was out - well not really it was flickering and very very dim....

So today I woke up
swapped bulbs - still flickering
then I swapped igniters - still flickering
then I took off the bumper and swapped Ballasts - Still flickering
then i tried a few different combinations of headlight , igniter and ballast - still flickering

Just to add a little more info - Seems that when the LOW beams are on the left side flickers - but when i turn the high beams on the flickering goes away and there in NO high beam on the drivers side / on the passenger side the High beam goes on and the low beam stays on also.

Well then I called the local Acura dealer in Salt Lake City - and the Part guy said I have no idea try service, I explained to the service writer everything I had done and she laughed and said i was ambitious, then she told me that just this week they had a 2002 TL come in with the same issue......
she went back into her history and found it. Apparently they changed the "Headlight Control Module" its under the dash they charged $285 for the part and $145 for labor and they fixed it.

I have searched High and Low and no one has ever mentioned a Headlight Control Module. If any one out there can help I would be very very grateful.

thanks in advance!!!:beerchug:

See less See more
#4 ·
Great! I just dropped $2700 on a transmission, and I have the same problem. I noticed one bulb was out one night. Next day, it was working. Then the driver's side went out. They flicker, and sometimes neither one comes on, sometimes both.

:wtf:

#5 ·
I had the same problem with my 01 TL. The culprit was a blown fuse, in my case on the passenger side. I swapped the fuse and everything started working again (aside from an HID bulb that was showing signs of going bad). As far as I know, from checking my shop manual for the car, there is no "headlight controller". I fear the dealership charged you $430 to change a fuse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.