1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all.

I have a 2019 RDX that has displayed the following message twice:

“TRANSMISSION TEMPERATURE NEAR LIMIT. AVOID HEAVY ACCELERATION AND HIGH SPEED.”

Both times occurred under similar conditions. 100 degree day, driving for over an hour on a level freeway at 80mph, not stop and go traffic. No codes were stored. I took it to the dealer and they said they couldn’t replicate the problem and therefore couldn’t do anything. (Incredible response, right?) it recently has service done at the dealership, before the transmission warning, that included an automatic transmission fluid change.

What are my options here? If I can’t get the dealership to fix this problem, I don’t want the car (which I otherwise really like). Not comfortable going out of town in the car with this warning popping up. Suggestions?

·
Administrator
2018 Acura RDX Tech, AWD
30 Posts
Greetings all.

I have a 2019 RDX that has displayed the following message twice:

“TRANSMISSION TEMPERATURE NEAR LIMIT. AVOID HEAVY ACCELERATION AND HIGH SPEED.”

Both times occurred under similar conditions. 100 degree day, driving for over an hour on a level freeway at 80mph, not stop and go traffic. No codes were stored. I took it to the dealer and they said they couldn’t replicate the problem and therefore couldn’t do anything. (Incredible response, right?) it recently has service done at the dealership, before the transmission warning, that included an automatic transmission fluid change.

What are my options here? If I can’t get the dealership to fix this problem, I don’t want the car (which I otherwise really like). Not comfortable going out of town in the car with this warning popping up. Suggestions?
Welcome to the forum. I’m not very knowledgeable with this, but one thing come to mind. Have you checked the transmission fluid level. Just to make sure the dealer put enough in? You could also try another dealer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I’m not very knowledgeable with this, but one thing come to mind. Have you checked the transmission fluid level. Just to make sure the dealer put enough in? You could also try another dealer.
I second the post the above responded with. The Trans fluid change on Honda's is not really a change. You drain about 3 liters of fluid. Put the plug back in and fill it with 3 quarts of fluid. 3 qts is almost 1/2 qt shy of 3 liters. So, in the best case, your tranny might be 1/2 qt low on fluid. In the worst case, perhaps they forgot to put the fluid in, or maybe did not put all of the fluid back in.

The other possibility is they didn't follow Honda's procedure here and instead hooked it up to a flushing machine. This is generally a bad idea.

You said this was serviced at the dealer? A Honda/Acura dealer? What else do they sell? How long have they been in biz?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts