Acura World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting coilovers this week and I don't really need the Comptech springs I have anymore. I still have my stock springs as well.

Anyway, I might give the Comptech springs to a neighbor up the street who had an '01 CLS and now has an '02 TLS, but I want to be sure they will work on a TLS.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Jrock,

Spring rates on the TLS and CLS are pretty much identical. Weight is the same within 48 lbs of each other, so I would say yes. I'll get in contact with my Comptech person and get a definitive answer.

Schuyler

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Here's the official response from Comptech:

Schuyler,

The springs will fit 98-newer Accord V6, 99-newer 3.2 TL and TL-S, and 01-newer CL and CL-S.

·
Registered
10 Posts
JROCK,

give me the springs if you are wanting to give them away...:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotta see how the coilovers go, but I might be able to do that. :)

The reason I was thinking of giving them to this neighbor is because I hate seeing his TL-S as a 4x4 and I don't think he'd do the mod on his own without an incentive like getting the springs for free.

The springs have around 12k miles on them. I'll let you know if he doesn't want them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
JRock said:
Gotta see how the coilovers go, but I might be able to do that. :)

The reason I was thinking of giving them to this neighbor is because I hate seeing his TL-S as a 4x4 and I don't think he'd do the mod on his own without an incentive like getting the springs for free.

The springs have around 12k miles on them. I'll let you know if he doesn't want them.
Yah, definitely let me know.

although I can't decide if I'm ready to take the plung or not.

I hear all these horror stories about peoples tires going bald after 3 months with springs, and all this other shiat.

Who knows.

next month I'm definitely getting bridgestone S03's and some sways.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your tires don't go bald or wear unevenly unless:

*The springs were installed improperly
*An alignment was done improperly

The tech who installed my springs ands sways said don't even bother doing an alignment because the Comptech springs only drop 1.5 front and 1.0 rear so it's not enough to affect camber. He said the only thing to watch is toe-in and he said on mine it was so minor as to be within acceptable limits. I haven't had any uneven wear that I know of, and have had around 12k miles on them with zero wear problems, although I haven't actually looked at the inside of the tires lately. I'll have to check for wear next time I get a chance. I did just get the tires rotated around 5-6k miles ago and was not told of any problems. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thats :cool:

Where do you get your mods installed at?

And also, do you think that the sways is a do it yourself job?

is it easy to put them on?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have no idea if the sways would be do-it-yourself, as I'm not quite THAT handy with car modifications. :)

They're definitely not as time consuming as the springs but I still wanted them installed properly so I had them both done at the same time by a tech.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts