Acura World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else had problems with the '03 drivers seat hurting thier back? I know i'm getting old, but my '90 integra seat was great. This one kinda jams in my lower back. :(

The lumbar support works just fine, but it works above where it hurts. I'm thinking of fixes, some thoughts fairly drastic...:(

Help.

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
I'm not much younger than you and I like the seats. I never had a problem and my back isn't in the greatest shape but everyone is different. How tall are you? I'm about 5'9".

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
I'm assuming my 03 TLS seat is similar... or my departed 01 CLS seat was.

I'm 5'11 and I didn't have any problems with it. Took me a bit to get the right lumbar dialed-in, but the best thing I ever did was tilt the whole seat (raise the front) back - not just the seatback.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joe, that's exactly what i feel. Hits me right at the belt line.

I'm a short 5' 6 1/2", but tall in character :)

Thinking I need a small filler between my butt and the seat to make it fell right.

Oh well. Thanks all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OPened the seat back today (Yep on my new '03, tore into it). Pretty easy, just 2 fittings on a panel at the bottom of the back of the seat. Took the lumbar support out, rolled up 2 CLEAN socks lengthwise, stuffed them in the bottom where i felt the gap was. Reinstalled the lumbar and seat back. Feels better. WE'll see. need to drive for about 1/2 hours to see.

Stuffed the seat my self essentially. Stand by for words on the result.

K

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope :(

Still sucks. I think i'll get an upholstery place to take the cover off and fix the bolster. I hate to do it, but i'm not getting rid of a brand new car because of the seat.

:(

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
marlowek said:
Nope :(

Still sucks. I think i'll get an upholstery place to take the cover off and fix the bolster. I hate to do it, but i'm not getting rid of a brand new car because of the seat.

:(
d'oh, sorry to hear. I wish I had some advice to give you :-/ Are your seats any different from the '01s?

·
Registered
336 Posts
the seats are tighter than my 02 TL type S seats...much more grabbing my back kind of action. it feels good then again..i'm only 5'5"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.