Acura World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I hope someone can help with this issue that I'm having, ok well sometimes when I start the car up and let it idle it shuts off then sometimes while I'm driving on the freeway the car will just shut off on me and I have to pull the side and let it sit for like 5 min then start it up and it will be ok and also it shuts off when I have the A/C on too I got it diagnosed and they said for sure it was the Idle air Control valve so I replaced it and it still does this problem IDK what else to do. Please help thanks

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
First thing to do....while the car is running, wiggle the key around in the lock, and see if anything cuts out. Failure of the electrical portion of the ignition switch is possible, especially if the key ring used in the past is heavy.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
It's possibly anything, but you have to start somewhere. In order to run, a car needs power, spark, compression, fuel, and timing. We can pretty much rule out loss of compression and timing, therefore it's one of the remaining three.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Also, I've never seen a PGM-FI relay cut out while the car is running.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried wiggling the key and that didnt do anything i only have a couple of extra keys on the key ring plus a remote.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts