Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 03 mdx. One day it cut off and wouldn't restart until next day. Ran for a couple days fine then just cutoff again and hasn't started since. Starter motor cranks and there are no cel codes. No warning on dash for improper key or security. There is no spark getting to plugs. WHen it cut off it was like someone just turn the key to off but all the lights and everything else stayed on. What are my possiblities?

·
Registered
99 Posts
f the ignition coil does not have spark, it's time to check its wires. Use a test light to check the continuity on the signal wire and power wire on the ignition coil. If both wires are functional but the coil fails to produce spark, the ignition coil or the ignition control module is bad.
One potential reason for this could be dirty fuel injectors. Over time, the fuel injector nozzles can become clogged with rust, corrosion or debris.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
f the ignition coil does not have spark, it's time to check its wires. Use a test light to check the continuity on the signal wire and power wire on the ignition coil. If both wires are functional but the coil fails to produce spark, the ignition coil or the ignition control module is bad.
One potential reason for this could be dirty fuel injectors. Over time, the fuel injector nozzles can become clogged with rust, corrosion or debris.
it dont have an ignition coil or an ignition coil module. It has coil packs. It does have an ignition coil relay, which is what i think it is. Look no offense but no need to respond if you are just guessing. It don't help. Man are u smoking crack btw. Dirty fuel injectors has no impact on ur ignition system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts