Acura World banner

03TLS been sitting for 2yrs. P0505 & brake pedal goes to floor

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  AndyShane66 
#1 ·
I've let my car go a bit I'm afraid.... I parked it a little over two years ago because I threw a code for the TCCS. I've recently replaced the solenoid and started the car this past weekend. Turned over on the first try however now I'm experiencing other issues that I never had prior to parking it.
-There's a whine coming from the trans side that changes with engine speed.
-After a few moments the idle starts bouncing. The "wee-wahs", we would call it on the Civics.
-Brake pedal goes to the floor while the car is running. I can pump the brakes and the pedal will firm up when the car is off tho so, it's not leaking any fluid.
I haven't gotten a chance to check for vacuum leaks yet but it's making me feel like its related to the problem i have with the brakes.
I'm fairly knowledgeable and know my way around the car but just looking for any opinions or tips on where to start.
Next step after changing the TCCS was to get all the fluids changed out; coolant, oil, and do a 3x3 on the trans fluid.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
well if the car hasn't moved in two years:
- watch for dry rot in the tires.
- brake pedal - unlikely its a vacuum leak - I'd bet the master cylinder.
- whine- bearing. Go get a 3/4" dowel rod (or a broom handle). Put the end of the rod in various places around
the engine (watch for moving parts). Put your ear up to the other end of the rod (I'm serious, you'll be amazed).
You should be able to isolate the noise to an alternator, starter, power steering, etc.

fwiw, I have an 03 sitting in my driveway too :). Leaks like a sieve, has already had the transmission replaced, and is an absolute
pos.

#5 ·
Is it bad when your brake pedal goes all the way to the floor? In a word, yes. Exactly how bad is a matter for discussion -- a discussion you really need to have with a reputable mechanic.

The brake pedal going all the way to the floor can be caused by a number of different issues. All of the possible causes need to be addressed, even if the car is stopping fine.

One of the more common causes for the brake pedal going to the floor is a loss of brake fluid. When you're out of brake fluid, your brakes simply won't work. This is pretty easy to diagnose: You should be able to see brake fluid underneath the car if there's a leak in the system.

Another possible cause is a bad brake master cylinder. The master cylinder is where brake fluid gets compressed. Pressure on the brake fluid cases the brakes to be applied to the wheels. If your master cylinder doesn't work properly, or only works sometimes, you're going to lose braking power, and occasionally your brake pedal will go all the way to the floor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.