Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A year a go my Acura's power steering hose was replaced due to the recall. I never experienced any problems until about 3 months ago. I relocated to Denver from Arizona and noticed that during the cold mornings (20 degrees or less) my steering becomes extremely stiff making it hard to back out of my parking space even after letting it warm up for 20+ minutes. The probem seems to subside after driving for 5-10 minutes. Recently the problem has been getting slightly worse and with the weather being warmer I've now noticed it randomly tightening up while I am driving during the day. It seems to be mostly noticeable when I apply the break when slowing to go around a corner. It doesn't have this problem when I am driving and hit a curve in the road (no break applied). I took it to the dealership for a diagonis and they said there wasn't a problem that they could see. Any info. would be most helpful. Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
My guess is that the dealer isn't detecting the problem because they can't reproduce the issue. It's nearly impossible to trace down a complaint that isn't happening when the car is at the facility. I'd leave the car on the dealership lot overnight and have them try it first thing in the morning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts