Acura World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm new to this site, and I'm in need of some help...

I just had my transmission rebuilt about a month ago on my 2004 Acura TL at about 153,000 miles. When I got the car back, I noticed that the green "D" drive light started blinking when I'm either driving on the highway, or if I've been driving after around 20-30 mins. I've read in other posts that it may be a sensor issue, and I doubt that the transmission is about to die since I just got it rebuilt. so what gives?

Please help

·
Registered
301 Posts
I wouldn't keep driving with it when it's blinking, especially if you've been driving for a month and it still persists.

The flashing D light is your transmission computer telling you something's wrong with the transmission, much like a CEL tells you something's wrong with the engine.

Find out what it is; get the code read.

Could be anything electrical to mechanical that's wrong with the transmission. Could also be something as simple as your one of the pressure switches failing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you remember what the problem turned out to be?

I know this was ages ago, but we just had our transmission rebuilt on our '05 TL (at 160K miles) a week ago and our D light is blinking now. We'd hate to think there's a problem with the rebuild. What did the problem end up being for you? Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts