Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need some serious help, I've called everywhere and did every research but no dice. I recently had a 7inch double Din installed and after the install my gas gauge doesn't work. It says its always on E and that yellow Empty light keeps flashing, so when I fill up my tank I have to reset the Trip so I can keep track of how much gas I have. I typically fill up every 250-300 miles traveled. I'm not sure what the problem is and my friend is a GM of an audio shop and he said he doesn't know what it is either. I could use some serious help plzzzzz! its only the gas gauge, all the other ones work.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Kind of shooting in the dark here without knowing exactly how this was routed. If it was done professionally, this is now THEIR problem.

My guess is that they tapped into power at the wrong spot, possibly for backlight power, into the gauge cluster. Sounds like someone just probed the wires, got power, and said THAT'S IT! and wired the backlit face to that system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.