Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The nav screen is doing the please check disc error full time. Obviously want the radio and disc changer to still work but is there a way to just turn off the Nav screen so it's black instead of it constantly displaying the error message? makes it look silly. already gotten used to not using the screen for everything. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you have access to the menu, you can go to settings and press the turn off screen option. If you don't have access to anything on the system, you can go into the trunk, unscrew the big black knobs around the nav dvd player and pull back the carpet to unplug the player, which will keep the screen always off. If you want to fix it you can just remove the player, clean the lens, and it should work again

·
Registered
4 Posts
I forgot to mention, the radio and dvd changer will still work if you unplug the right connectors, I don't remember which, and will still keep the screen off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I do not have access to anything. the message of please insert disc comes up immediately and stays on. I tried taking it out and cleaning the lens but no luck. I will try to unplug the right connectors and see if that does it. Thanks for your suggestion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts