Acura World banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2006 TL with Navigation, which stopped working well over a year ago. About 4 months ago, I started having what I thought was battery issues where it would be completely dead every other week. After replacing the battery a couple of times, I found the Acura HFL system to be the culprit, which had also stopped working about 6 months after my nav stopped working. Anyway, I unplugged the HFL and haven't had any issues with the battery since.

Now just this week, I decided to buy a working Nav DVD Drive from eBay to replace the dead one in my trunk. After replacing the batteries, I had lost a bunch of functionality including the ability to change time. So, the drive came in and I installed it and everything started working. The only problem I'm seeing now is that each time I turn off my car and turn it on again, the navigation goes through "loading software" screen, and then prompts me for the Code, and then searches for signal for few minutes before displaying the grey screen where I can select "OK" to start using the navigation.

I've searched quite a bit for a solution online but was not successful. I'm hoping someone here can help me out on how I can get my Nav to stop rebooting on every start.

Thank you in advance!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.