Acura World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
Fairly new here. I have a 2007 TL I got last November. There's about 80K miles on the clock.

It's having 2 issues I just can't seem to solve.
First thing being that it's chewing through batteries. I've put 2 batteries in it in 2 months. The Alternator checks out. It's putting about 13.8v on the battery when it's running. The car will start just fine for a month, then on morning it's just dead. I'm hoping it's not a short some place. Any thoughts?

Second, is the power steering. Some days it's perfect. then some days when at slow speeds, there is no power steering at all. It being intermittent makes me think it's an electronic problem. Any ideas here would be hugely helpful.

Thanks.
Micah.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The battery problem is most likely from your HandsFreeLink unit being shot. When it messes up (from the cheap materials it's made of) it draws power from the battery all the time. When you try to select it in the MID, does it just stay on "Booting up"?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
infact, I remember not using it because we couldn't get it to work. How can I disable it?

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
Is there a voltage drain on the battery? When you say the battery is shot, do you mean depleted and needs recharged or do you mean it won't hold a charge anymore. Both will result in a no-start condition but are indicative of two entirely different issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have to disconnect it from inside the sunroof module. Mine just wouldn't start the other day, jumped it off, drove it home and unplugged the HFL. The console wasn't even warm, but the unit was hot. Haven't had a problem before or since

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the battery was shot, would not hold a charge at all. I disconnected the HFL, got a brand new battery, and tested. New battery dead and drained. SO, what's next?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took it to the shop. they found nothing. It never didn't work for them. I delivered it to them with a dead battery. they charged it and had it a week. never gave them any grief. Both the parasitic draw test done, mine and theirs, came back negative. Nothing drawing on the car. I'm at such a loss. I can't trust it. I can't have my wife driving it every day being a big question mark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts