Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Acura TL Type S (129k) with a battery problem. New battery installed last week.. dead again this AM. I had to jump it to get it started. I got a navigation screen that said it couldn't obtain a signal. Entered Nav code after GPS signal connection. Though radio would not accept code.. keep getting "error1, error2, error3" with known correct code.
Any thoughts? I did just read that Hand Fee Link could be culprit to battery drain..

Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Root cause to drain on Battery.

I have a 2007 Acura TL Type S with about 34,000 miles on it and have had to have my Home Link transmitter computer module near the rear view mirror replaced three times under warranty(My dealership has been kind enough to warrant this for as long as I have the car). At first, like many dealerships and owners, they replaced the battery however the drain from the Home Link computer opens after about 45 minutes after the car is shut off so the tech doesn't see the drain if he/she just looks for an immediate drain.

My 2006 TL was also plagued with this issue. It seems only recently has Honda correctly these Home Link computer replacements.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You have a stuck relay that is keeping something energized wgen the car is off. Just had this happen to my 09 Pilot. Was the AC compressor clutch relay. $30 part.

Could be seat heater, rear window defrost or other relay. Put an amp probe over the positive lead and start pulling relays till the drain stops.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.