Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past three days, the security system had developed an intermittent malfunction. Randomly, and especially in the middle of the night which is most annoying, the alarm system is going off randomly and for no apparent reason. When exiting the vehicle, it seems to alarm properly with the key fob (system "beeps" and red security light begins to blink on the dash). Then, usually hours later, the alarm goes off and the horn honks/lights flash continuously. I disable by clicking the remote.

The only thing I have noticed that may provide any clues is that while driving, I believe I'm hearing one or more of the door accuators cycle (lock/unlock) on occasion. Has anyone had this experience with their TL? Any thoughts on a remedy or any TSB's anyone is award of on this topic on 09' or later TL's?

Thanks,
Joe Kazoo

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Sounds like you definitely have a door lock actuator issue. Not uncommon. If any of the doors won't lock or unlock automatically or do so at random, that's what is tripping your alarm.

If you want to disable the alarm system for the moment until you can get it repaired, unplug the electrical connector at the hood latch and short the two pins of the connector on the harness together. This will make the security system think that the hood is open, and it won't arm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.