Acura World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. As you all can tell I dont own an Acura but am curious about what kind of times they run. Has anyone taken their car to the track. I am estimating somewhere in the 14's stock. What about with some mods? Thanks for any responses I get. BYE
jON

·
Registered
14,056 Posts
stock they run about 14.5 - 15.1

there's a NA CLS on here running 13.5's and i've heard of a few bottle fed cars hitting about the same. I run high 13's in my 99 CL w/ a 75 shot

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW, I seriously didnt know that they were that quick. I suppose 13.5 isnt bad on the bottle. Hmmm. anyone else??
jON

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Who hit the 13.5 NA?

Fastest I heard was Spiro w/ his 14.3xx @ 98MPH or so NA.

Who hit 13.5 w/ the bottle?

Jon, what did you run?

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Driven said:
Who hit the 13.5 NA?

Jon, what did you run?
He is registered here as NightHawkTypeS and he is TheModmole in AC-L. His set up is:

CT header
CT exhaust
Level 10 tranny
Extrude Hone Intakes
Pulley
CAI intake
etc
You can PM him for more details...

·
Registered
14,056 Posts
Driven said:
Who hit the 13.5 NA?

Jon, what did you run?

xephyr

i've had a few people out here hit 13's on the bottle, none of them are on boards though

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jon, what did you run?
I have yet to run my car yet. Hopefully this summer I will have some times. Judging from other LS-1's they are right around 13.5 bone stock. There are some freaks that do hit high 12's but its rare. It all depends on how well I can drive.
13.5 was off the bottle
WOW thats pretty damn good!
jON

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey all,

Yeah my car runs 13.5's - 14.0x depending on launch. This car is so damned tempermental with launches it isnt even funny anymore... The weight distribution and fwd are killing me. But just as an FYI the car has never had NOS (LOL just kidding Nitrous Oxide) Ive posted pics of the ridiculously smoky burnouts i get trying to launch anything harder then a feather. For those of you who saw the vid of pgatour? in his loaner.. that is what my cls has trouble doing w/o power braking/e-braking a launch... And i know at least 10 ppl are going to call horseshit on me, and the other 10 will want to know what im running.. So to those about to call horseshit.. yes your right... my car is very very very slow.. it actually runs mid 15's and thats downhill, with the wind at my back, and gutted :D for those that would ask about what all motor means .. I am running a stock 3.2L block with headwork/extrude honed and polished intake tract, increased displacement intake manifold, CT Headers, Xephyr CAI, relocated IAT sensor, modified fuel maps, and a few other minor tweaks...

I am not running a L10 tranny, but I am on my 4th transmission....

I may put together a FAQ of sorts of my mods but i wont be doing any detailed HOWTO... hope that helps a lil

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NightHawkTypeS said:
Hey all,

Yeah my car runs 13.5's - 14.0x depending on launch. This car is so damned tempermental with launches it isnt even funny anymore... The weight distribution and fwd are killing me. But just as an FYI the car has never had NOS (LOL just kidding Nitrous Oxide) Ive posted pics of the ridiculously smoky burnouts i get trying to launch anything harder then a feather. For those of you who saw the vid of pgatour? in his loaner.. that is what my cls has trouble doing w/o power braking/e-braking a launch... And i know at least 10 ppl are going to call horseshit on me, and the other 10 will want to know what im running.. So to those about to call horseshit.. yes your right... my car is very very very slow.. it actually runs mid 15's and thats downhill, with the wind at my back, and gutted :D for those that would ask about what all motor means .. I am running a stock 3.2L block with headwork/extrude honed and polished intake tract, increased displacement intake manifold, CT Headers, Xephyr CAI, relocated IAT sensor, modified fuel maps, and a few other minor tweaks...

I am not running a L10 tranny, but I am on my 4th transmission....

I may put together a FAQ of sorts of my mods but i wont be doing any detailed HOWTO... hope that helps a lil
Your car sounds pretty cool:eek: Your on your 4th transmission?? WOW is that covered by warranty with all your mods. I know GM wouldnt warrant anything like that. Anyway, is there any such thing as slicks up front for the traction? Keep the info comming about these cars, very interesting!
jON:scratch:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts