Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Check engine light came on a while back (2 months?)...had it scanned at my trusted independent repair place and the guy told me I have a "canister purge leak" Recently the light actually went off on it's own, only to come back a couple of days later.

I forgot to ask him for the actual code because they are in such a rush all the time but he quoted me about $400 and said it can wait.

I'm planning to get this fixed end of June (when work calms down) and I would like to do it myself.

I've done some reading and it seems that to fix this issue people are replacing the "Vapor Canister Filter"? which costs about $50 so I'm confused with the above price quote...

Any help would be appreciated.

My car has under 180k km on it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If the code is P1457, then replacement of the EVAP By-Pass Solenoid Valve and the EVAP Canister right beside it located under the car towards the rear should clear up this code. It did for me. Mine went at 100K kms. Also, there is a TSB on this issue and the dealer can pull it up if necessary.

There is more action on HondaTech and Civicforums IMO should you want more info on our ELs. Reference the 7th generation Civic which is basically the same car...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I went to the dealer to get a parts quote and they told me for a "canister purge leak" I need the "canister vent shut valve" and "canister assembly". I don't know what the code is, forgot to ask the guy.

They didn't mention the solenoid you're referring to?

I'm planning to order from rockauto, the parts are made by dorman. Any experience with either?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.