Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is not aware, the summer tires on the TL-SH AWD are nearly useless in the snow. My 4Runner in 2WD and w/ the rear differential unlocked has more forward traction on snow and ice than my TL has with all 4 wheels going. It is truly alarming and dangerous, especially if you find yourself on ice unexpectedly.

I currently have the 19" factory rims but I have decided to go with a set of all-season tires (already picked out in 18") and I'm trying to find a set of 18" wheels that are respectable (as they will spend 3mo/yr on the car) but that are still in the couple hundred dollars/ea range. Has anyone else purchased a set of winter wheels that they either like or don't like? Any pics of a set installed and anyone's advice/ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you all for your time.

JBP

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually, I think I may go with the OZ Ultraleggera in 19 X 8.5 for my winter tires as opposed to 18". If I end up liking them better than the factory 19's, I may swap tires, using the OZ's for the main summer tires and using the factory 19's as my winter tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts