Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my main relay replaced. My car started fine for about two weeks but now when I try to start it everything dies (dash goes dark no lights or anything) once I press in the clutch. If I don't press in the clutch (which is needed to start the car) I can let the car sit in electric mode and everything works but if I don't press the clutch in absolutely synchronized with the turning of the ignition the car dies without any lights and cannot be started again unless the battery cables are bumped.
Is this a clutch switch issue or a battery issue?
My battery cables look fine and my battery is less than 3 months old.
To recap. I cannot start start my car unless I let the car run in electric mode for a few seconds and then time the clutch engagement with the turning of the ignition perfectly.
Its a 1992 v6 manual

·
Registered
3 Posts
push start it, then if you can get it started then you know it is not a fuel problem , and you can test the alternator,and battery to see if they are charging, if they are then rule them out. That leaves the starter, and clutch switch.if the car does not push start put some gas into the throttle body, then push start it, if it starts then its a fuel problem. good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts