Acura World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, sorry to bother!,
I'm having an issue with my V.S.S in my 97 acura 2.5 TL

Diagnostic codes: P1791 / P0700 / P0500 / P0135 ( which is o2 sensor a totally different issue I'm guessing )

Issues that are noticable by me: No Speedomter / odomoeter / trip counter

Could someone please link me to the correct parts
( oem or replacement without much side work to be done)

I've checked a the forum posts, there's a few guides and other people having the same codes / issues, but I'm truly a novice, a direct link to the part(s) I need would be a great thing you could do for me, as I've looked around and don't have the time to ship back if I fail , I have a 20-30 mile trip 3-4 times a week to take and are trying to get this done asap! I have an experienced mechanic but he's not comfortable with electrical work and or rebuilding parts ( we both feel we might waste time / money / and be worse off than we started. )

Please help asap if you can! Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
1997 Acura TL 2.5 Speed Sensor

I had the same problem(s). Removed, disassembled, cleaned, lubricated, and reassembled the old sensor. Worked for a few weeks, but stopped working again. Tried to repair the old sensor again, but no success.
Replaced it with new sensor from AutoZone and it works well now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same problem(s). Removed, disassembled, cleaned, lubricated, and reassembled the old sensor. Worked for a few weeks, but stopped working again. Tried to repair the old sensor again, but no success.
Replaced it with new sensor from AutoZone and it works well now.

Could you link me to the part you purchased, Please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
link to part

acuraworld.com will not allow me to post the link

It is Duralast/Vehicle/Transmission Speed Sensor from AutoZone -- part # SU5480

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the location exactly! Noticed that the ground wire was the only wire in the pigtail.. the other 2 had been forcefully pulled out when the last shop did an oil filter change.. HOW RUDE! I simply put the 2 wires back in, unhooked my battery ( to clear the error codes since I don't own a diagnostics machine) hooked my battery back up and BOOM! we have a sensor working again, even fixed my cruise control . TY ALL!!!! hope This can help someone in the future!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts