Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a 1998 Acura RL base model (non TCS) 3.5L. just a few minor issues but one that has me scratching my head is my when i turn the key on my tach goes straight to 2200 RPM and stays there. it doesnt even twitch. ive tried thumping on the lens covering the instrument cluster but it doesnt budge. the car is automatic trans so its not really that big of an issue, but i would like to have it working properly.

another small issue im having is the electronic steering wheel adjustment isnt working. the only position i can hear the motor engage is in forward, but up down and back nothing. im assuming this is that little plastic gear in the mechanism on the underside of the column.

the sunglasses compartment is missing, but i heard of people putting other stuff in its place, such as GPS units. any direction to steer me towards looking into that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I made a short video illustrating the issue with the tach and uploaded to youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=gq5TosAfV74

·
Pat from NH
23 Posts
tachometer at 2200 RPM also

My tach also reads 2200 RPM. It happened suddenly, noticed it on start up. It changes slightly when I step on gas to pass a car. Were you able to come up with a fix? As far as your steering wheel up and down and tilting; my tilt gear was broken, there's another post in this forum that shows how to replace the gear or to lock the wheel at a convenient location.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts