Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to this forum so nice to meet all of you. I see that there's not a lot of action going on here. Anyhow, I've recently purchased a CL and I need some advice or input on what I should do.

1. The guy who sold me the car decided that it was a good idea to spray paint the entire interior with Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric "desert sand color." Car seats and door panels. Unfortunately he didn't do a very good job. He also spray painted all the leather seats. Now, he did such a terrible job that I can easily scrape off the paint with a gentle scratch. It stains my clothes just sitting on it. Anyways, I wanted to know how I may remove this paint, especially the leather seats?

2. The back high mount brake light is missing a connector. I'll post a picture later but I can't seem to find the connector for the high mount brake light. All available connectors are connected to something else.

Anyways, what should I do? Any help is much appreciated.:wavey:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would buy some SEM Color Coat in the color you want.
Look them up at tcpglobal.com.

This stuff works MUCH better but also needs proper prep. They have a prep spray that cleans the surface to allow for maximum adhesion.

Start by scrubbing the leather with a stiff brush and leather cleaner. Once you have it to a point where no more paint is coming loose, wipe it clean and start with the prep spray. Use a fine steel wool and clean the seats using the prep spray. Wipe it all clean and leave no steel wool residue and you're ready to repaint the seats, etc. with the SEM.

I would remove any parts you want to paint so you don't get overspray everywhere inside the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts