Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Acura CL 5 speed with some electrical issues. The heat dosen't work and I only have a few dashboard lights. None of the gauges work, and the windows don't go down. The fuel pump comes on when I turn the key on, and it can be jump started and it will run. I changed the ignition switch thinking that might have been the problem but it didn't change anything. Can someone please help me with this matter?

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
All of the systems listed only have two junctions that are related......the battery, and the fuse boxes, both underhood and inside the car.

At this point, I'd rule out a battery issue for the moment, and start by examining the back side of the fuse boxes in question for corrosion. Many of the 1990s model Acuras were prone to corrosion on the back side of the fuse boxes when the sunroof drain tubes would clog or rot, and the water would drain inside the car, running behind the fuse box, and ending up on the drivers' side floor carpet. The water running behind the fuse box, after time, causes not only bad connections and circuit rot, but unexpected bridges across systems that have no correlation.

Good luck! Let us know how you make out :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts