Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already searched and read through pretty much everything I could find on the immobilizer issue but none quite matches my exact issue or I would appreciate it if someone could help pinpoint the issue based on my symptoms.

My 2000 Acura TL was working perfectly fine, I parked it during the holidays and when I went to start it, the battery was dead, so I tried to jump start it, when I hooked up the jumpers, the car's alarm went off as normal, I used the key to unlock the car in the driver's side door and turned the alarm off. Unfortunately the battery was far too dead, so I just took it out and went to exchange it for a new one. When I plugged up the new one, I didn't hear any alarm so I thought that was strange, but everything seemed to work, but when I put the key in, the green key light just keeps blinking and of course it just cranks but won't start.

Anyone have any ideas?

· Registered
4,830 Posts
You may have to bring the vehicle in to the dealer to have it repaired, but try this first. Check for a blown No. 13 (7.5A) fuse in the passenger's under-dash fuse/relay box.

If not, and you need to bring your vehicle to the dealership, you can still start the vehicle by following these steps.

1. Cut a temporary key using the key code and a non-transponder key blank (code available from your local dealership, or they can cut one as well).

2. Turn the ignition switch ON (II) with the temporary key.

3. Enter the first digit of the immobilizer brake code by pressing and releasing the brake pedal the same number of times as the digit. For example, if the first digit is 4, press and release the pedal 4 times. (code is available from your local dealership)

4. Turn the ignition switch to Lock (0) and then back to ON (II).

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to enter the second, third, fourth, and fifth digits of the code. You have up to 30 seconds to enter each digit.

6. After you enter the fifth digit, the immobilizer indicator on the dash will blink five times, meaning you can now start the engine with the temporary key.

While the engine is running, the immobilizer indicator will stay on. If you don’t start the engine within 10 minutes, you’ll have to reenter the immobilizer brake code. You’ll also have to reenter the code if the engine is shut off for more than 10 minutes

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may have to bring the vehicle in to the dealer to have it repaired, but try this first. Check for a blown No. 13 (7.5A) fuse in the passenger's under-dash fuse/relay box.

If not, and you need to bring your vehicle to the dealership, you can still start the vehicle by following these steps.

1. Cut a temporary key using the key code and a non-transponder key blank (code available from your local dealership, or they can cut one as well).

2. Turn the ignition switch ON (II) with the temporary key.

3. Enter the first digit of the immobilizer brake code by pressing and releasing the brake pedal the same number of times as the digit. For example, if the first digit is 4, press and release the pedal 4 times. (code is available from your local dealership)

4. Turn the ignition switch to Lock (0) and then back to ON (II).

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to enter the second, third, fourth, and fifth digits of the code. You have up to 30 seconds to enter each digit.

6. After you enter the fifth digit, the immobilizer indicator on the dash will blink five times, meaning you can now start the engine with the temporary key.

While the engine is running, the immobilizer indicator will stay on. If you don’t start the engine within 10 minutes, you’ll have to reenter the immobilizer brake code. You’ll also have to reenter the code if the engine is shut off for more than 10 minutes
Thanks! I checked fuse #13 on the passenger side (clock fuse) and it's good and I tried taking it out for 30 sec and putting it back in to reset the ECM, but no luck =\ Is the code the same as the radio code located in my owners manual?

· Registered
1 Posts
I have already searched and read through pretty much everything I could find on the immobilizer issue but none quite matches my exact issue or I would appreciate it if someone could help pinpoint the issue based on my symptoms.

My 2000 Acura TL was working perfectly fine, I parked it during the holidays and when I went to start it, the battery was dead, so I tried to jump start it, when I hooked up the jumpers, the car's alarm went off as normal, I used the key to unlock the car in the driver's side door and turned the alarm off. Unfortunately the battery was far too dead, so I just took it out and went to exchange it for a new one. When I plugged up the new one, I didn't hear any alarm so I thought that was strange, but everything seemed to work, but when I put the key in, the green key light just keeps blinking and of course it just cranks but won't start.

Anyone have any ideas?
Your key needs reprogramming and/or replace immobilizers. Before 2007 use a locksmith, they have the codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.