Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a 2000 Integra, and have had some trouble with my front lower engine mounts breaking. I seem to have good mounts on there now, as when they were bad, when I went to stop, the whole car shimmied like I had a flat tire, so I put on new engine mounts, and that seemed to stop that problem.

So just recently, when I try to go from Park to Reverse, it feels like it's binding, and is not going into reverse smoothly like it should. I was driving the other day, and when going around a turn with some break applied, it sounded as if something inside was scraping (metal on metal) and my guess is that something isn't lined up quite right. I checked the front engine mounts and they still seem to be good to go, as well as the upper mounts. The only mount that I can't tell is the rear transmission mount, and I am not sure if that would be the problem or not.

Does anyone have any input as to what is happening or why???

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
To me, it almost sounds like a bad ball joint, or lower control arm bushings. It wouldn't explain the transmission issue (I don't believe), but at this point you need to get a base line as far as what needs to be done underneath.

Start by putting the wheels in the air, and checking for play in, well, just about anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts