Acura World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my TL and only have one problem with it. The wipers do not clean the windshield. If it is raining, they just don't give me good visability. If it is dirty, the washer/wiper combination is useless. A friend suggested that I check the spring that pushes the rubber to the glass---it seems to be
ok. The first month I owned this car back in Aug. 2000 (new), I changed the refills although I couldn't see anything wrong with the rubber. It didn't help. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dude - you need rain-x. I've heard that Castrol makes a similar product that comes off easier, but I love rain-x. I use rain-x's windshield wiper fluid as well - it seems to make bug guts really easy to clean off.

Also - if you're into Zaino, try their glass product. It makes the window as easy to clean as your car.

dmjoyner said:
I love my TL and only have one problem with it. The wipers do not clean the windshield. If it is raining, they just don't give me good visability. If it is dirty, the washer/wiper combination is useless. A friend suggested that I check the spring that pushes the rubber to the glass---it seems to be
ok. The first month I owned this car back in Aug. 2000 (new), I changed the refills although I couldn't see anything wrong with the rubber. It didn't help. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd heard that Acura issued a tech service bulletin for this very problem on the TL's.. they have a deterioration in the rubber hoses that leaves a scum on the windshield that the wipers just spread around.

I just had my TL in for 30K service, and indicated I had the symptoms... they replaced the hoses and wiper blades under warrentee for free for me.

You might want to do the same.

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
I'd have to disagree on the Rain-X. If you don't reapply it every two weeks, it stops doing its thing. The wipers start screeching like mad. I'm still using my year old wiper blades on my CL... Every few weeks a clean them with alcahol, and thats it.

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,113 Posts
I wiped the castrol shit on the car, and when it rains which is umm about once a month actually not even. I have Driven In rain only four times since I bought the car in July.

Anyhow when it rains, and I'm driving I never even turn on the windshield wipers, the rain beads right up and runs off the windshield.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Return of the wiper gunk issue

Way back in 2000-2001 there was a bad batch of wiper fluid that got into many of our cars at the factory. The problem was basically gunk (sorry to get too technical) in the fluid that resulted in smears on the wind screen. There was a tech bulletin on this around Oct '00 or so and the solution was to flush the system with at least hot water and replace the blades. Check this out with the dealer.

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Actually, I had heard the TSB included the flush of the system with alcohol, and if that didn't work, to replace the hoses, nozzles, blades, and resovoir.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your Dealer can fix it for you. He needs to flush the system, replace the hoses and inserts and it will be fine.

·
Registered
422 Posts
wayneg said:
Your Dealer can fix it for you. He needs to flush the system, replace the hoses and inserts and it will be fine.
Welcome, Wayne!

It's Ken with the bent Borbets! :mad: ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts