Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here hoping for a bit of help on a difficult issue. After my car is warmed up and has been shut off for a few minutes it will restart just fine but then acts and smells flooded. Problem goes away after it cools back down to ambient cold. Occasionally I can slowly work the throttle/rims up and it will be fine again. I have replaced catalytic, O2 sensors,Map,ECS, fan sensor air intake temperature sensor, EGR, fuel pump,main relay and coils with no change in the problem. No CELs are on normally or when problem occurs. Any thoughts from any members?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sounds like an injector or injectors are staying open or leaking when engine is turned off, and leaking fuel from a pressurized fuel rail!
You can try a high concentration of Techron or Seafoam in the gas. If this doesn't fix it, try putting a pressure guage on the fuel rail, run the engine then shut it off, the rail should stay pressurized. If not you need to pull the injector or injectors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so after replacing all injectors the problem seems a bit better but is not gone. I did make a bit of a discovery though. I have a cheapo scanner, and was monitoring short term fuel trim among other things. When it is running normally and I hit the gas the trim hits a high of about 10. When it is acting up and I hit the gas it goes to about 50. Considering that I have replaced pretty much sensor that feeds back into the fuel trim loop that I am aware of does anyone know of a more obscure sensor that could be sending a bad signal to the computer? Or a relay that could be suffering heat/age fatigue and be about to die. It runs so well when it is not acting up I can't imagine it is a mechanical breakdown. Thanks in advance for any more guidance anyone can offer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts