Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all you Acura lovers!! I'm new here, this is my first post so go easy on me!!!
Ok, so out of nowhere...... In order to get my car out of park and into reverse I have to use the little slot thingy on the side of the shifter (which can be very irritating after 3weeks of doing it!!!!) The same time this happened my stereo died, it won't turn on, won't do anything! It wont even take the code, which I've had to enter before!
All the break lights and dash lights are working fine except when it's really cold outside the emergency break light stays steady on!! HELP!

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Couple things:

1. Have your battery tested, and make sure your battery terminal ends are clean and free of corrosion. If they are, try hooking a jumper cable to the negative side of the battery and then directly to a spot on the frame, to see if you have a bad ground on the other end of the cable.

2. If you're getting unexplained water on your driver's side floor, you may have an issue with your moonroof drain tubes. The water in this case ends up running down along the windshield pillar and in behind the fuse box where it causes corrosion. Any time you end up having simultaneous failures in systems that appear to be unrelated, there's a chance that one of the fuse boxes may have a corrosion issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.