Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have a 2001 Acura TL and the heat and the AC don't work I have replaced the fuse and relay for the Heater Motor (Or that's what it's called on the fuse box cover) Still got nothing to blow any air out of the vents...... Any suggestions on what I can do?

I can also be reached by email [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
2001 Acura MDX front blower not working

I can't get the blower to work on my 2001 MDX either. I removed the blower and found a dead mouse in the squirrel cage. My daughter said she heard a clunk when it stopped working and that there was a loud vibration under the glove box then too. I removed the mouse and hooked up the electrical connector back up but no rotation. I checked the motor for continuity and it read about 5-6 ohms. I spoke with a motor expert who told me to just replace the motor as it is probably had bad bearings. I measured 11.85 vdc at the connector but I was uncertain if the motor needs 12 vdc plus. I have not done anything with the resistor/transistor yet. The rear blower, which apparently is is parallel with the front blower, works fine. Anyone have any ideas? I replaced the blower at $88 and the resistor is $107 so before buying it I would like to know for sure if that is a good possibility.
Jim

·
MotorradMike
53 Posts
11.85V is plenty to run the motor.
Did you measure that with the motor disconnected?

If so, connect the motor and re-measure.
It may be more difficult to get the meter probes in there but it will help track down the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts