Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Every now and then (3x in last 2 years), always the first start on very hot S. California days, it cranks fine but won't start. Ten minutes later, it will start. Once some time ago, a AAA tech turned the alarm on and off a few times and then it started. Don't know if it was a coincidence because he showed up 15 minutes later or if there's something Acura insiders know about.

Regardless, I didn't learn the exact system reset procedure he did back then and now its done it again today. I noticed today the remote doesn't work each time even though it's brand new ($140) with a new battery. I had to use the key to open the door manually. After 10 min, it started.

My auto shop guy says he can't help because he needs the car to be in the problem state to diagnose and after it starts up, it doesn't happen again that day.

helpful advice appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had this (or at least a similar) problem with mine (03 CL-S 6spd) the last couple of years. A mechanic told me it was due to the added plant-derived Ethanol gunking up the engine (or somesuch bullsh*t)

Not sure if this is exactly what happens to you, but what happens to me is it starts for a SECOND, and then peters out and stalls, then won't start up again for a bit (like you said, about ten min) and then it'll start.

What I've found somewhat successful is, knowing that it's likely to do this, when it first starts, and in the second or so before it stalls out, I rev the throttle a good bit (4-5K?) a few times and that seems to get it going enough to maintain.

Again, I'm not sure if this is at all helpful, but it sure sounds a lot like what happened to me. It NEVER happens in the winter, and it usually only happens on a very hot day (upstate NY) I've also noticed it's more prone to doing it if I try to start it after starting it (successfully) and driving it a short distance (across town or something) then staying at that spot a short time (fast food run or something) and then going out to try and start it again.

If your deal is that it flat out won't start at all for you then this was probably not particularly helpful :p

Hope it helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.