Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Occasionally, the immobilizer circuit on my TL does not activate. I don't get a solid key light or a blinking light, I get nothing. It seemed completely random, but I think I discovered a pattern. If I repeatedly turn the ignition on and off in a short span of time (say to roll the windows down or check the mileage, etc) the immobilizer will stop working. If I keep trying to start the car by turning the key on and off, it will not work. No key light comes on and of course, the engine will crank but won't start. However, if I wait a period of time (5-10 minutes), then the key light comes on, the immobilizer recognizes my key and the engine starts. Anyone have any ideas?

2001 TL, 213,000 miles

· Registered
1 Posts
Occasionally, the immobilizer circuit on my TL does not activate. I don't get a solid key light or a blinking light, I get nothing. It seemed completely random, but I think I discovered a pattern. If I repeatedly turn the ignition on and off in a short span of time (say to roll the windows down or check the mileage, etc) the immobilizer will stop working. If I keep trying to start the car by turning the key on and off, it will not work. No key light comes on and of course, the engine will crank but won't start. However, if I wait a period of time (5-10 minutes), then the key light comes on, the immobilizer recognizes my key and the engine starts. Anyone have any ideas?

2001 TL, 213,000 miles

You get an answer for this. Same problem in the 03 cl i have. Green key light comes on car starts if light dont anti theft kicks in and car wont start

· Registered
3 Posts
You get an answer for this. Same problem in the 03 cl i have. Green key light comes on car starts if light dont anti theft kicks in and car wont start
I think I figured it out. There's a relay under the dash by the fuse box that controls the PGM-FI system. If it sticks closed, the immobilizer won't activate. I rapped it a few times with my hand and the immobilizer started working again, so I'll order a replacement part and see if that solves it for good.

· Registered
196 Posts

2001 TL, 213,000 miles
placing the key in the keyhole hence deactivating the car's immobilizer to remote start. The added security with Mobokey allows the security to be activated as soon as the phone moves away from the car, so you don't have to worry about car security.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts