Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 acura tl
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to being an acura owner have a 2001 tl and doing a plug change i noticed oil in well when I took out the coil pack and not sure if it is normal for it to be there or if there is something wrong that I need to address before something major happens thanks in advance.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The ”O” ring seal on the inside upper end of the valve cover needs to be replaced! The “O” ring seals the tube to the valve cover. Valve cover has to be removed, replace the o ring seals in valve cover and tube. The tube is where the coil pack end is inside. I suggest doing them all. Make sure when installing with new gaskets, a bit of rtv is put into the corners of the sealing surface of the cam riser of the cylinder head.

·
Registered
2001 acura tl
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ”O” ring seal on the inside upper end of the valve cover needs to be replaced! The “O” ring seals the tube to the valve cover. Valve cover has to be removed, replace the o ring seals in valve cover and tube. The tube is where the coil pack end is inside. I suggest doing them all. Make sure when installing with new gaskets, a bit of rtv is put into the corners of the sealing surface of the cam riser of the cylinder head.
Thanks will have to do that since I need to check my valve clearance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts