Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shifter won't move out of park. We can use the key to do it, but when the brake is pushed in it won't move. We've tried pushing the car forward and moving the shifter but that doesn't work. I checked the brake switch... in fact changed it last night hoping that was it but it wasn't. It's not the fuse. I'm trying to get this running for my son as soon as possible but I don't want him bypassing a problem to do it. There is something obviously wrong with it I just don't know what. The car runs fine once in gear. I've read up online that a lot of other people had this issue but they were able to fix their problem with a brake switch. That's not the case here. Can anyone help??

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you pull your center console out, off of the shifter, to the right of the shifter assy there should be a solenoid. It is the brake/shift safety. When the car is running, in park, when you press the brake pedal the solenoid should activate, alowing you to shift from park. That is what you are bypassing when you stick your key in the slot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts