Acura World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 TL-S and i am looking to upgrade my radio. my friend has an AVIC-700 BT for sale for a really good price and i am thinking about buying it. the only problem i face is that when i go to see if it fits (on websites) they all say it wont fit. i think my boy had the same problem getting the radio into his lincoln but he used a conversion kit to get it all in. does anyone have the same problem or even the same radio and can let me know what is up? thanks for the help.

·
Moderatus Emeriti
22,190 Posts
I have a 2002 TL-S and i am looking to upgrade my radio. my friend has an AVIC-700 BT for sale for a really good price and i am thinking about buying it. the only problem i face is that when i go to see if it fits (on websites) they all say it wont fit. i think my boy had the same problem getting the radio into his lincoln but he used a conversion kit to get it all in. does anyone have the same problem or even the same radio and can let me know what is up? thanks for the help.

I would suggest 2 things:

Go to Crutchfiled.com and see if they have a kit or any advice.

Talk with a local installer who come with props from someone you know. Many times the installers have access to kits that the average person doesn't know exists. If not, they may be able to fabricate a mounting / faceplate that will fit your needs.

As to wiring or any special needs - I haven't a clue as I drive an RSX!

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
12,063 Posts
You have to get a special double din kit. Theres someone on acurazine that makes them for like a hundred bucks. Him and a company called metra are the only ones I know of and I've searched a lot on both acura forums. The other companys cheaper but the quality isn't as good.

Double Din dash kits for TL/CL - AcuraZine Community

Just ask him to make the kit to fit your friends and see if it will work

·
TL Newb
21 Posts
I'm interested in buying your stock radio if it's in good condition, everything works (CD, tape). My email is [email protected].

Bill

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry homie my radio is all fucked up, which is why im trying to buy a new one. I've been driving around for about 2 weeks now with no music or anything. sorry and good luck with your search.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had given up on playing burned cds in the car till I read this. Tried it last night, used Windows Media player to burn on fuji cd's at the slow setting and it works perfect!

Sweet! Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts