Acura World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when trying to leave for work this morning I noticed a weird sound like my rear brakes were rubbing. I tried to continue on, but the brakes started screeching loudly & both the VSA & ABS indicators came on. So, I put the car in reverse to go back up my inclined driveway & the car drove fine. Thinking the brakes may have locked up in the cold weather overnight, I tried to drive forward again, but again the rear brakes locked up. When I got out to check things out, I saw tire marks & they're coming from my back tires indicating both my back wheels are not spinning.The only thing I have done to the car recently is replaced the Acura battery which had died with a battery I bought from Wal-Mart & it has been driving fine until this morning. I do park my car outside on an inclined driveway with the front of the car facing the street with the parking brake on every day. What can be the problem or what has cause the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After studying the tire marks closely, it's actually just the rear (driver side) brake that is locked up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never mind, problem fixed itself. Appreciate the help I got here. Acurazine is a much more helpful & friendlier forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts