Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I don't give a rat's ass!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some drawings of what may be the 2003 Honda Accord from the Temple of VTEC site.

If so, this may give the Altima and Camry a run for their money.

Here's the accompanying text:

Let's hope these drawings are accurate - if so, the new Accord is shaping up to be a pretty nice looking machine. Mag-X reports that the Accord will be offered with 2.0L (220ps) and 2.4L (200/250ps) models in Japan. My personal expectation is that the US/Canadian Accord will get a 2.4L 4-cylinder and a 3.2L V-6. Power will likely range from 170-180hp for the 2.4L and 240-250 for the 3.2L. One source has e-mailed us claiming that the V6 will actually displace 3.5L, producing 240hp, but I'd be a little surprised if this materialized, considering the 3.2L motors in the '03 Acura TL and CL models. Considering that both of those models are due to be replaced soon, it's possible that there is a larger motor in store for the Accord, but maybe not until the CL/TL replacements arrive.

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen another drawing where the front has a slightly more pronounced, raised and sloping grille, very similar to the Acura 1.7 EL, with more slots than the one shown in the above pictures...a very Acura-like pentagon grille.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Honda does have a history of pulling crap like the engine swap. Recall that the 3.0CL debuted in 1997, and the 1998 accord V6 got that very same engine. However, the 2001 CL got the 3.2L engine from the TL with enhancements(read: type-S) - so if they do give the Accord the J32 engine, let's hope it's the J32A1 not the A2.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Let's just hope that the real car won't be boring. From the looks of the drawings, that is one sweet looking Accord!:bigok:

·
Acuraworld Member
3,493 Posts
I agree...I'm liking those drawings alot!! I hope they do keep it fairly close to that....I think it definitely looks better than the Camry (which is HIDEOUS!!!) and the Altima (not TOO bad).

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
99 Posts
raia_CL said:
those tail lights remind me way too much of a saturn for it to be of my liking.
the tail is very saturn.
The look of this design is too "youth" for general consumer.

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BlackFire TLS said:

the tail is very saturn.
The look of this design is too "youth" for general consumer.
That's fine then, the "general consumer" can buy a completely uninspiring Camry. If I were in the market for this class of vehicle, I would consider this and the Altima over the :sleeping: Camry.

Besides, the more "youthful" market is what Honda has traditionally been after. Honda has been knocked pretty hard the last few years for releasing very bland looking vehicles compared to in their past (at least it's expected of Toyota).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts