Acura World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2003 Acura RSX Base (Automatic). I recently changed my Air Intake Hose
and also cleaned all electrical connectors and PCV Valve in the car.

Now the car throws the following Code:

P0325 (Knock/Combustion Vibration Sensor 1 Circuit Bank 1 or Single Sensor)

The code keeps coming and going. This car had OEM Knock Sensor installed last year.
So, it probably is not the Knock Sensor but some electrical connection to it which probably
I didn't connect properly. FYI, it had also Spark plugs, coils, O2 Sensor, Catalytic Converter
replaced too last year.

Can one point me to which is the related connector on the engine diagram?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
20 Posts
When did the code start appearing? Before the original knock sensor was replaced? Btw, Bank 1 always refers the the cylinder side that has cylinder #1 in it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Nick for your post. Please note that the code started coming just 10 days back after I cleaned all the electrical connectors and changed my air intake hose. The Knock Sensor was replaced one year back and every thing was fine after that.

I guess it is some electrical connector which is loose which I didn't connect properly. If you can show me which is the concerned connector on the diagram then that will be great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you do a search, you can find several YouTube videos detailing how to access the knock sensor and its connector. Essentially, the sensor it located under the intake manifold but can be accessed from below especially if you only want to ensure the connector is secure on the knock sensor. Taking off the intake manifold to get to the knock sensor didn't look like a lot of fun to me but it wasn't difficult either; just a lot of parts to take off and reinstall. I might try to locate the sensor, wire and connector from underneath the car first as detailed in one of the videos I watched. As a suggestion, if you do remove the connector and reconnect it, I'd use some dielectric grease on the connection to ensure it remains weather resistant. Actually, it's not a bad idea to use dielectric grease on most all electric connections where they may be subject to water intrusion. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your post. I get some idea about the knock sensor and it's location now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts