Acura World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help here Please?
Doesn't do it every time. Symptoms:

Car seems to lose complete electrical power. Turn key, nothing, not even dash lights, nothing. I disconnect the negative battery terminal, and then the positive. I reconnect them, get back in car, and normally car will have electrical power and will start and run fine. This has happened 3 times now. I'm carrying a 10m/m socket just to do this stupid routine. Car has 140K on it. I just purchased so no history available.

Can some one, any one please help. This is ruining what I thought would be a good car experience being a first time Acura owner............

By the way: I was AT AUTOZONE when the car did it. The tech checked the battery IN the car it showed 5 volts. He placed a brand new battery in and the car still could NOT start. Still no juice. I asked him to recheck the voltage on MY battery out of the car. It was 12 volts. I asked him to remove the new battery, reinstall mine, and when he hooked up the battery terminals to my old battery, I had power and it started.
So it's NOT the battery.

Please folks............help me..............

· Registered
2,006 Posts
I'm willing to bet that you have a bad terminal end at either the terminus of the positive or negative cable. The jostling around will give it enough contact to allow everything to operate as normal temporarily.

· Registered
1 Posts
My car remote and all functions start fine in garage except front camera, when I am out is 20 degree weather (I'm in wisconsin) if car sits too long won't start, nothing electrical works. Setting off alarm sometimes prompts engine to start other time all windows rolled down. I am 2.5 hours from any dealer. Battery was replaced 11/2022 in nc. Do I need special battery here in wisconsin

· Registered
212 Posts
Any help here Please?
Doesn't do it every time. Symptoms:

Car seems to lose complete electrical power. Turn key, nothing, not even dash lights, nothing. I disconnect the negative battery terminal, and then the positive. I reconnect them, get back in car, and normally car will have electrical power and will start and run fine. This has happened 3 times now. I'm carrying a 10m/m socket just to do this stupid routine. Car has 140K on it. I just purchased so no history available.

Can some one, any one please help. This is ruining what I thought would be a good car experience being a first time Acura owner............

By the way: I was AT AUTOZONE when the car did it. The tech checked the battery IN the car it showed 5 volts. He placed a brand new battery in and the car still could NOT start. Still no juice. I asked him to recheck the voltage on MY battery out of the car. It was 12 volts. I asked him to remove the new battery, reinstall mine, and when he hooked up the battery terminals to my old battery, I had power and it started.
So it's NOT the battery.

Please folks............help me..............
Turning your key turns your battery on, so if you've turned your key all the way and the lights come on, but the engine doesn't turn over, your starter motor could be the culprit. Any signs of electrical failure could also indicate the starter motor needs help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts