Acura World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

Just bought a 2003 RL from an auction this past Saturday and the shift knob was the only thing missing in it. The local Acura dealership wants $182.80 for it and today a used car recycling company I found online offered me a used 2005 shift knob for $80 but I'm wondering if they are interchangeable or if there are other alternatives.

I'll appreciate your thoughts and recommendations on this to help me make a quick decision.

·
Ultimate DIYer
104 Posts
Yes, it is interchangeable!
Actually the shift knob for RL is interchangeable with most of honda/Acura shift knobs and many manual transmission shift knobs from cars in the world since it doesn't have any special buttons on the knob.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
97_RLer,
Thanks for your response. I have placed the order for the 05 shift knob and hopefully should have it by Friday.

·
Registered
22 Posts
LOL, seriously, $182?? That's not a knobjob, that's rape. I can't believe the dealers have the audacity to even ask that for a piece of wood.

·
Cajun Gumbo Man
916 Posts
Did you even consider checking with Tim who is a with a dealership in New YaWK and beats anyone prices? OEM too!

I happen to have a shifter knob from my 03 Acura MDX that's brand spanking new.....I bet it would fit too......

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, seriously, $182?? That's not a knobjob, that's rape. I can't believe the dealers have the audacity to even ask that for a piece of wood.
That is why they are called Stealerships. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you even consider checking with Tim who is a with a dealership in New YaWK and beats anyone prices? OEM too!

I happen to have a shifter knob from my 03 Acura MDX that's brand spanking new.....I bet it would fit too......
I bought the one for the 05 but if your price is appealing, I see no reason why I can't switch to wood. Please send me a PM with your price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts