Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an 04 TL, I'm the second owner, the car however was driven the shit out of but not at all beaten up, she's mint condition, but he miles, about 220,000. So clutch goes out, I believe, and I got it changed, the mechanic told me my swag bar link and breaks needed to be change as well, so I went ahead and did that too. Now it's time to go get it, they say my car isn't driving because of the transmission going out, my car shifts like butte, how could this be? When I put it in gear and try to go, it goes but the VSA lights go on, the little triangle thing, and the car slips. I don't know if it being off the ground, still on a lift, without front wheels have anything to do with it, but the guy refuses to let me try to drive it with the wheels on, he says I might pressure my new clutch. Could it be the car is about to die of gas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you meant sway bar, then that is probably a mechanics scam to change it out. I knew a mechanic who would tell basically every single person that they needed a new sway bar to correct tire wear. It would be unusual for a bad sway bar to appear I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.