Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2004 Acura TL the other day and I know that the recommended is premium, and I've been filling Regular ever since, but will me filling in Regular instead of Premium gas really make the difference of the of life of the car and the way it runs ? or is it just a knock off ? :wtf:
I bought this car and I put in everything I had and I'm 17.. I'd rather pay a little more now than spend a fortune later.

Thanks for all advice in advance.
:beerchug:

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
I bought a 2004 Acura TL the other day and I know that the recommended is premium, and I've been filling Regular ever since, but will me filling in Regular instead of Premium gas really make the difference of the of life of the car and the way it runs ? or is it just a knock off ? :wtf:
I bought this car and I put in everything I had and I'm 17.. I'd rather pay a little more now than spend a fortune later.

Thanks for all advice in advance.
:beerchug:
Welcome.

There are lots of threads in the forum concerning fuel types. I would never put in regular gas (lower than 89 octane) as it does make the engine knock and ping and that's definitely not good. However, I will usually run 89 octane, with 93 on every 3rd fill up. No issues at all including gas mileage. When premium prices are below $2.50/gallon, I will run 93 constant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts