Acura World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While rumors have been running rampant for a few weeks now, the following was announced 3/28/02 at the New York Auto Show.

Coupe.
5.7L V8.
340 HP.
RWD.
6 speed manual.
$30K MSRP.
Imported from Australia.
Production starts 09/03.
18-20k units per year.
GTO.

The GTO will be managed under the direction of Bob Kraut (the Grand Prix Brand Manager), but I don't know if it will be badged as a Grand Prix.

Will be shown at autoshows starting in January of 2003. It is a import of the Holden Monaro from Australia.

Pics:

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
moving to proper forum.

How come you fockers didn't give this much attention to my post about this? :mad: :p ;) haha j/k

BTW, its supposed to be 400hp!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Outlook said:

Not into domestics :(
Domestic? You live in Australia? It's built in Australia and will be an import! Our cars our 75% american parts and 100% built in America! How is the Holden more of a domestic than the CL?

The later models will have 400hp BTW, the first one, the base Monaro will only have the 340hp.

·
2,315 Posts
Vampyre said:

Domestic? You live in Australia? It's built in Australia and will be an import! Our cars our 75% american parts and 100% built in America! How is the Holden more of a domestic than the CL?

The later models will have 400hp BTW, the first one, the base Monaro will only have the 340hp.
Oh, Only 340? Damn wish i had 340hp.

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,108 Posts
Outlook said:

Not into domestics :(
Yeah I agree, wait what's the only part of our car that has the most problems, right it's the tranny and what is the only part of our car that is not made in America, Right it's the tranny. :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts